Laughlin Law Closing Services*
What is Title Insurance?
Just as homeowner’s insurance guards against losses from fire and theft, title insurance protects the insured from losses associated with hidden risks, “clouds” and unknown claims against the property. Examples of these hazards include: unpaid taxes or liens, judgments against previous owners, easements, fraud and long lost relatives of previous owners with superior claims. The difference in the title insurance is the premium is paid one time only – at closing, and coverage continues until the property is conveyed.
Services provided by Laughlin Law:
- Escrow and Settlement Services
- Home or Investment Property Purchase or Refinance Transactions
- Procurement of property, judgment, lien or record owner searches
- Farm & Ranch
- Assumptions or Subject To transactions
- Manufactured Home Conveyances
- Easement and Right of Way Transactions
- In-house attorney review or document preparation also available
- Contract closing services for local parties -- call to schedule
- Traveling Closer Services by appointment
Since 1994, Fontaine D. Laughlin* has been a Fee Attorney with Fidelity National Title Insurance Company. Each of our friendly, experienced Escrow Officers are licensed by the Texas Department of Title Insurance. Laughlin Law is committed to providing excellent customer service. To ensure closing is a convenient and pleasant experience, we offer after- hours closings and mobile closing appointments at the client's home or office. Let us bring the closing to you! If you simply cannot make it to closing, let our attorney prepare a Power of Attorney for a nominal fee.
*Not Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization